28-Oct-2011 - Vacancy for Deputy Theatre Manager
New job opportunity at Eastern Angles
If you love theatre, are good with people, confident with computers and have 12-14 hours a week spare between 23 November and 21 January this could be the job for you. We are looking for a Deputy Theatre Manager for the up coming run of our witty, wacky 'panto alternative' Round the Twist.
Job Title: Deputy Theatre Manager
Responsible to: Theatre Manager
The Deputy Theatre Manager when on duty will have responsibility in the following areas:
- The overseeing of the whole FOH operation at the SJM and Seckford Theatre.
- Box Office operation at the venues (on-door sales, reservation, collection, ticket queries etc.)
- Demonstrate exemplary customer care to our audiences at all times
- Answering and dealing with box office telephone calls as required
- Preparation and selling of interval refreshments and other merchandise including the set up and take down of the bar and catering offer
- Co-ordinating Front of House staff (all volunteers)
- Managing the implementation of Health and Safety procedures relevant to the FOH operation (evacuation procedures etc.) and overseeing the safety of audiences while they are on the premises;
- Ensuring sufficient stock levels are maintained (bar, programme and ice cream sales);
- Cashing up and keeping adequate financial records of all FOH activities including production of Box Office returns following each performance;
· Ensuring the bar area and all FOH areas are kept clean and all signage and seat naming tags are maintained.
- Enabling the correct maintenance of safety and fire –exit equipment.
- Representing the public face of Eastern Angles and answering all customer, performer and volunteer enquiries as required.
- Locking up the building at end of shifts in liaison with the Company Stage Manager.
· Being a key holder for the building
· Acting as a contact for the Company’s volunteer network of Angels, including assisting with recruitment and management as required.
· Throughout all areas of responsibility, ensuring that work done is up-to-date and accurate
· Any other duties as deemed necessary.
DEPUTY THEATRE MANAGER
This is a part-time position, with an aggregate 12 hours per week. Hours may include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. The post is offered for the run of Round the Twist between 23 November 2011 and 21 January 2012
Pay: £7.50 per hour
No overtime is payable, but time off in lieu is encouraged and will be apportioned monthly.
There is a 2 week probationary period.
Applicants must be available on shift days throughout Christmas and New Year.
· For this position we are looking for someone who is free to work Saturdays (between 3pm and 10pm) and one evening (between 6pm and 10pm)
· Organisational skills and an eye for detail are essential.
· Good inter-personal skills
· Punctual, smart, well presented
· Responsible individual with the ability to stay calm under pressure
· You must be able to work well (and lead) a small team and have the capacity to organise your own time effectively, ensure that all work is up to date and accurate and be able to operate a word processor and spreadsheets – we use the Microsoft Office Suite. The successful candidate will also have a good knowledge of computers and computer programs and be able to pick up software packages quickly and easily.
· Enthusiasm and knowledge of theatre
· Recent first aid qualification an advantage, willingness to be trained up if otherwise
· Over 18
· Car owner with clean driving licence.
About Round the Twist
Eastern Angles anarchic Christmas shows are always a sell-out. Over the years our reputation for producing witty, wacky 'panto alternatives' has grown and grown.
Round The Twist is a Dickensian musical mashup incorporating outrageous innuendo, witty wordplay and plenty of quick-fire comedy. A glance at the list of characters, which includes Miss Haversack, Obadiah Snoop and The Artful Codger, gives a clue as to how Eastern Angles have approached Dickens’ classic tales – with tongue firmly in cheek!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and equal opportunities form or contact the office on 01473 218 202 for further information.
Closing date for applications
5pm Thursday 10th November
Interviews – 14th November